Tuesday, March 3, 2020



Heinrich's Story:





On 11-16th of November we visited Croatia with our ERASMUS+ project; YES: Yellow European Stars. Since I’d been there already, I thought that the wonderful scenery couldn’t surprise me any more. But upon seeing those grandiose mountains, I was shocked again. Because the summer season was already over, the weather wasn’t much warmer than in Estonia, it rained a lot more. This didn’t sadden us, since we had packed warm clothes in advance.

On the 13th of November we had planned to go to an island with a ferry, but it was canceled due to strong storm winds which had done their job well. Instead of that we had plan B. We can thank the Croatian teacher Romana for that, who made sure our journey was as smooth as possible. Our plan B was to visit a small, but cute village called Opatija. Since it was designed more for tourists during the summer period it was practically empty. After that we all drove by bus to Daruvar, which was the hometown of the Croatians that hosted us.

Overall, the whole project was very well organized, and I hope to be involved in such projects again in the future.

Alex's story:






On the second week of November I got a chance to go to Croatia, thanks to Erasmus+. I had an opportunity to visit Daruvar again and this time we went to see west side of Croatia as well. I liked the trip very much because I saw my old friends and got to visit new and interesting places.



I will talk about the second day of our trip, when we visited Pula city. The day started off fast because we slept in and we had to run to the bus. We had to hurry to the bus because we needed to make it to the ferry that takes us to Brijuni National Park. When we made it to the bus we were told that the trip is canceled because of bad weather. It was a bit sad but our teachers where quick to react and came up with plan B. Plan B took us to the city of Pula and we went to visit the Pula Arena. The Arena is an awesome building that was built in Roman time period.

After seeing such a sight we went to the next city to have lunch in a place called Roko. The food there was amazing. I ordered a classical salami pizza, but it was so big that I had hard time finishing it. When we were done we had a little walk in Opatija (the city we had lunch in) promenade. On our way down the promenade we went by the Kvatner Hotel, which is a hotel built next to the Adrian sea and is a symbol for tourism in Croatia.

After that we went to see a old church and castle of Trsat. I liked the trip to the castle because the sun was setting and the view was something that I will never forget. We took a lot of pictures and when we were done we started to move to Daruvar. It was a five hour drive. We made on stop at a Burger King that was right next to the highway. Around midnight we made it to Daruvar and after that we all went to our host families because the day was really tiring.

The second day was one of my favorites because I learned a lot about Croatia and saw some amazing sites but at the same time it was one of the worst because we spent around half the day in the bus. In the end I still liked it and I am thankful for this awesome trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment